Sunday, January 9, 2011

Don't Live in Reverse!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011
2 O my son, O son of my womb,
O son of my vows,

The Amplified Bible says it like this, “What, my son? What, son of my womb? What [shall I advise you], son of my vows and dedication to God?” The repetition of the word “what” amply describes the weightiness a mother feels when faced with the responsibility of another human life. “What shall I do?” “What shall I say?” “What if I make a mistake?” “What shall he be?” “What then?” “What now?” “What if…?” The king’s mother seems to comfort herself with the last phrase, “What, son of my vows?” She reminds herself that it was God who gave her the promise. It was God who gave her the strength to bring the promise to birth. The same God who answered her prayers for a child will also guide, direct, correct, and redeem. He will do the same for us. Maybe your answered prayer is a life calling, a dream, or a vision that was birthed.
Are you living your life in reverse by living in regret of bad decisions or mistakes concerning that to which you gave birth?
Can not the divine life-giver fix our mistakes, even when our promise was affected? He must become the God of that which he promised. It is his.
Can He not make all things right?
What are some “whats” you need to relinquish to God?
Journal your responses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Journey.... "A Great Company"

"A Great Company" is a contemplative prayer journey through Psalm 68. It is an at-home devotion, intended to be done once a week, on Tuesday, sometime during the fourth watch (anytime between 3 am and 6 am).
Psalm 68:11, "The Lord gave the word and great was the company of those that published it." The word company in the original Hebrew language implies a female company!

Navigational Devices

  • Saylor's Journal
  • Charting Your Course
  • Fuel
  • Sails
  • Anchors
  • Checking Your Course
  • Currents
  • Maps
  • Travel Guides
  • Destinations
  • Ports of Call